- Strawberries improve heart function. They are rich in antioxidants and detoxifiers, which reduce arthritis and gout pain.
- Folic acid present in strawberries is necessary for pregnant women as it helps prevent birth defects. They maintain bone, skin, hair, and eye health.
- Crushed strawberry mixed with baking soda acts as a natural teeth whitener.
- Packed with Vitamin C, strawberries are extremely beneficial for your hair.
- They’re not only helpful in nourishing your locks but also, have the ability to get rid of any excess oil buildup from your scalp.
- Magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, and copper present in strawberries are all essential for healthy hair.
- It is recommended that individuals eat a serving of 8 strawberries a day.
- Clinical research has determined that this recommendation can have some hefty benefits, including potentially improved heart and brain health, reduced risk of some cancers, and better management of type 2 diabetes.
- A good source of both AHAs and BHAs, strawberries hold a myriad of skincare benefits.
- From eliminating dark spots to treating acne, they help improve the overall texture and appearance of your skin and leave you with a brighter and more youthful complexion.
Storage and Uses
- Do not rinse berries under running water as the pressure can crush them. Dip them in a bowl of cold water and allow the berries to drain.
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. You can refrigerate them 30 minutes prior to usage for a crisp taste.
- Strawberries can be eaten fresh or can be added to fruit salads & custards. They can be used as toppings or for making desserts and pies.